Don’t you know about Southwest Airlines cancellation policy? Get help from the information below to enhance your knowledge. You can cancel the flights on the mobile app or web page or by calling customer service. Passengers can easily do the Southwest Airlines flight cancellation anytime before the departure.
No one wants to pay any extra fees or charges for flight cancellation. If you want to get rid of this, then follow the terms and conditions and overall policy for the same. Look at the information below to stop the journey without paying extra.
What is Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy?
Are you Stuck in the office meeting? Don’t worry; you can easily cancel the reservation that you have booked with Southwest. But to proceed further, you must understand Southwest Airlines cancellation policy to find the prices for the same.
Following are the Points Regarding the Rules for Canceling the Trip.
- All passengers traveling with Southwest can cancel their flight within 24 hours.
- In 24 hours, cancellation is free, and you don’t need to pay any charges.
- As per this rule, you must have completed the reservation within a week.
- When you cancel after 24 hours, you must pay the necessary fees.
- Sometimes, you face a medical emergency such as death. In this case, you can ask for a full refund.
- In the non-refundable flight cancellation, basic economy tickets cannot be canceled.
- If you consumed a portion of your flight, you can cancel the unused part only.
- If you don’t cancel the flight up to 10 minutes before flying, you can’t apply for a refund.
- The refund can be in the form of travel credits.
How Does Canceling a Southwest Flight Work?
Passengers have two options for canceling the flight journey. The first is to get a refund to the original payment source or get the flight credit. Here is the information on the Southwest Airlines cancel flight procedure through multiple methods.
You can understand the same to apply to your flight journey.
Can you Cancel the Southwest Flight on the Website?
Yes, you are eligible to cancel the booking on the official site of the airline. You can use the given steps to get the Southwest flight cancellation for your destination.
- To start, you must acquire the Southwest Airlines site at www.southwest.com.
- Go to the manage flight reservation tab.
- Enter your first name, last name, and the confirmation number in the required tab.
- Search for the flights and get the complete reservation.
- There, pick the flight to cancel the same.
- Under the menu screen, tap on the flight cancellation button.
- Review the reason and prices after deduction.
- Confirm the flight cancellation and complete the process.
- Southwest sends you the cancelation confirmation message to your mail.
How Can you Cancel a Southwest Flight by Mobile App?
Can you imagine canceling your flight from your office? Yes, this can happen because of the mobile application. Apart from the online cancellation, you can also use the mobile app to cancel Southwest flights, as given below.
- Download the Southwest Airlines mobile app from the web.
- Log into the flight account with the correct username and password.
- Access the account and get the My Bookings option.
- Get the flights you have booked with Southwest.
- Choose the same and tap on the cancel flight button.
- Confirm the cancellation and obtain the cancellation number.
- With this, you can apply for a refund to get back the money.
What is the Phone Number for Southwest Flight Cancellation?
You can face a technical glitch on the website or on the mobile app at flight cancellation. Customer service is there to solve the doubts and cancel the flight journey. You can reach the customer representative by the following points.
- Dial the Southwest Airlines reservation number at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
- Follow the on-call voice instructions carefully.
- Press 1 for the language.
- Press 2 to make a new booking.
- Press 3 to change/cancel the flight.
- Press 4 for the bags.
- Press 5 to acquire the refund.
- Press * to talk to the live person.
When you speak with the actual representative on the phone, you can ask the experts to cancel the itinerary for your destination.
Does Southwest Compensate for Cancelled Flights?
Yes, Southwest provides compensation for flight cancellations by them. However, you can request a refund for the flight cancellation. Some of the points below give you information on the Southwest Airlines refund and compensation for cancellation.
- Get the Southwest Airlines online site at www.southwest.com.
- Open the refund section on the website.
- You will see the refund request form on the screen.
- You need to add the flight details over there and other necessary information.
- Attach the proof of the cancellation and other documents.
- Submit the refund form and finish the details.
- You will acquire the pertinent refund within 7-10 business days to the original payment method.
With the use of the overhead data, you can revoke the flight itinerary anytime. If you find any concerns, you can talk to the customer service specialists and obtain assistance. You must reach the phone number for Southwest flight cancellation at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) and speak with the human. You can acquire the best knowledge regarding the flight travel with them.