Planning a trip with American Airlines is bustled with several advantages. It is a well-known airline recognized for rendering exceptional flight services.
While planning the layout of your trip, flight booking is also of utmost importance, and one of the factors that travelers often focus on is seat selection.
Sometimes, travelers get disappointed by not getting their preferred seat; thus, to evade these chances, the airline has launched a new policy wherein travelers can choose their preferred seat after navigating through the seat map.
If you are unaware of this newly-launched facility, scroll down the read and gather intact information about “American Airlines seat selection Policy.”
What is the American Airlines Seat Selection Policy?
Starting from the scrap will help you to understand the complete policy in an accurate manner.
So, are you ready to dive deeper into this policy?
Great!! It is one of the best policies wherein the passengers are provided the authority to select their preferred seats after checking out the seat availability.
Passengers can review the vacant seats by reviewing the seat map. Before learning more information, let’s look at this policy’s highlights.
The key Highlights of American Airlines Seating Policy?
Some of the basic attributes of this policy are summarized as follows:
- Dependent on some factors: The price involved in selecting a seat depends on some factors, say, your destination and the class you choose to travel in.
- Paid facility: This means that to choose a seat, travelers must pay a certain sum of money to secure their preferred seat.
- Cancellation charges: Reserved your seat and want to cancel it? You can cancel your booking after paying a cancellation charge.
- Select seats at check-in: Passengers benefit from the facility of picking up their seats at check-in time.
How Can I Select Seats on American Airlines?
You can select the seats after checking the seat availability. If some vacant seats are reflected on the seat map, you can select a seat of your comfort.
To check the vacant seats, adhere to the following actions:
- Access the authentic website of American Airlines
- Input the asked credentials
- Select your cabin class and route
- The seat map will then appear on your screen; go through it
- Pick up your comfort seat
What Actions are Involved in the American Airlines Seat Selection Process?
If you are heading ahead to select your preferred seat based on your convenience and comfort, we are here to list two different processes through which you can reserve a seat.
Passengers can reserve their seats in the following manner:
- Offline, and
Reserving a Seat via Offline Method
If you have opted to pick a seat by following an offline method, then below are the steps:
- Place a call at 800-433-7300
- Attentively listen to the prompts of the IVR
- Take action to get connected with the concerned executive over a call
- Share the seat selection preference with him
- Share the flight booking credentials with the executive (when asked)
- On availability of your selected seats, they will reserve it for you
- Make the payment and wait for the confirmation
How to Make an American Airlines Seat Selection Online?
Relax back at your home, and book your opted seat hassle-free by following the below-mentioned courses of action:
- Navigate to the official website of American Airlines
- From there, head toward the “My Trip” section and accurately mention the asked credentials
- According to the cabin class, select your seat from the seat map
- On selecting the seat, provide the asked credentials
- Further, perform on-screen instructions to get your selected seat confirmed
Can I Make a Seat Selection After Booking or During Check-in?
Yes, the passengers are provided with the facility to easily select their seats even after booking by reaching the “Manage Booking” section located on the airline’s website before departure.
Further, they are also provided a choice to select their preferred seats at the time of check-in but not after check-in.
What is the American Airlines Seat Selection Fee?
To make a seat selection, passengers have to make a certain payment in the form of a fee. However, the fee involved in seat selection at American Airlines varies depending on several factors.
The fee to be paid under below-cases ranges around the following:
- Economy Standard seats: $9-$10
- Extra-legroom and main cabin extra seats: $10-$22
Who is Exempted From Seat Selection American Airlines Fees?
- AAdvantage member
- The ones who haven’t marked a seat selection
Passengers praise American Airlines seat selection policy, and it is undoubtedly bustled with several amazing advantages. Travelers can pick up their seats anytime before check-in. They can reserve their preferred seat either at the time of booking a flight or after it.